Just another small note on reshafting persimmons.

If you are using a hot rod down a graphite shaft, the odds of keeping the shaft intact are very, very slim.

In order to get the temperatures needed to break down the epoxy THROUGH the walls of the shaft, you will have to insert a hot rod that's much hotter than those temperatures. This will break down the epoxy holding the shaft fibers together.

If you do pull the shaft without it physically shredding, the shaft is often compromised and will fail in a future installation.

We no longer make any attempt to save graphite shafts in any wooden head - we simply cut them off and drill them out.

-t