I wish everyone would take a moment to contact the USGA on the proposed rule
change on the groove design.  This is one bad idea!  I don't think it will
change one thing with the pro's scoring. Since old clubs will be outlawed for
USGA competition in Jan 2009, what are we supposed to sell next year? I highly
doubt that our suppliers will have "legal" heads out next year. Does the USGA
really believe that customers will want to buy clubs next year that will be
non-conforming in 2009?  What are they going to do, list every club made for
the last 10 years as non-conforming on their web site Jan. 1, 2009.

  The really bad part of this is most of the experts think it will not change
the average score on tour, which is what the rule is for.  I hope all the major
companies get together and sue the crap out of them.  I know if I just paid
$1,000.00 for a set of irons that are not legal in less then 2 years, I would
want my money back.

  George Huson
  ByGeorge Custom Clubs