  From: Bernie Baymiller
  To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
  Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 11:10 AM
  Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Long Drive Shaft Frequencies

  Andre,

  I assume BC means butt clamp. Before I had my Neufinders, I didn't have a
frequency meter and used this chart for "starting points"...it was more
prominent on their website then. (I had to really hunt to see if it was still
there.) I talked to them about the numbers back then, maybe 5 years ago, but
can't remember for sure what they said about them. Think the different butt
clamps with different tip weights come out to the same cpm number. Guess
someone with a frequency meter could confirm that.

  I can confirm the flex difference on my NF4 now, though. A PE-A on my NF4
reads 2.76kg raw and 2.94kg tipped 1". In some e-mail NF4 discussion, .03 kg on
a calibrated NF4 was said to be about 1 cpm (at least that's what I wrote
down). That would make an inch about 6 cpm...just what's on the chart.

  Bernie
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]