In a message dated 3/29/2008 12:16:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>  I googled "drill hole saw in acrylic" and got this
> http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-1886.html
>

> They suggest drilling halfway through and then flipping the sheet over.
>
> If you do your own search you might come up with something better.
>
> Let us know what finally works.  Good luck!
>
> /Ed

Hi Ed,
That is what my acrylic supplier suggested, and we even did it at his place
with no problems, the difference being that we were working with thinner sheet.
I had actually forgotten this "tip" and when you emailed this, it was one of
those "slap your palm on your forehead dah moments", but no go, I tried it and
it froze up almost as much.
I stopped by Home Depot on the way home tonight and bought an Irwin speed
bore bit, and some threaded stainless rod stock.
If the bit works I'll be home free, if not then I will have to fashion an
Arnie/TFlan style pro soft insertion tool to grab the core, and then shim it to
accept my Pythons vicious clamps.
David

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on
AOL Home.
      (http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15&
ncid=aolhom00030000000001)