From: Richard Berger <richardber...@sbcglobal.net>
To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 10:33:39 AM
Subject: ShopTalk: California

I agree with Tom. Prop 13 was a great thing for California. If you can afford
an $800,000 house, you should be able to afford the taxes. If you are
grandfathered into the neighborhood, you pay less. My opinion is that 3 unions
control California politics...the Teachers Union, Prison Guards, Government
workers...they own the politicians in Sacramento, will NEVER allow their
contracts and/or benefits to be renegotiated...and keep asking the taxpayers
for more money. We already have the highest sales tax, the highest business
tax, the highest state income tax, etc. in the US. We have the highest paid
teachers...we're 47th in the country in terms of graduating kids from high
school....As long as the people of the state go along, nothing will change. Our
state legislators have no concept of what the real world is like. The only
thing that will wake them up is if we (the voters) pass a resolution cutting
their salaries and perks.

We ask them to represent us, but allow them to represent special interests. If
we don't change it...it won't change.

R...