From: Vincent <eternalrecyc...@gmail.com>
To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 3:28:23 PM
Subject: ShopTalk: Creating a weighted training club

I have enough material to make ... several? ... weighted training
clubs.  I even have a metal bar but I don't remember the exact metal
composition, length (40"?) or diameter (0.75"?).  I don't have the
machinery to grind down the ends to the right diameter to fit a grip
and a clubhead.

I did buy a few demo irons and 2,500 copper-coated steel BB pellets.
I'd like to pout the BB-pellets inside the shaft (both demo irons have
steel shafts), and then putting a cork to seal 'em inside.  I've also
heard people pouring sand or even tungsten powder.

I'm still looking for my training grip.

Any thoughts on just using the BB pellets?  I've been told I won't
achieve the same weight compared to similar products sold
off-the-shelf.  I'd still like to go forward with this idea because I
don't have any other use for the BB pellets and I already have enough
orphan clubs.

Thanks for reading!