*** I can't hit too many with the weighted driver. It puts an additional strain on my back.

YMMV.

DaveT

At 05:19 PM 2/20/2009, Kevil, L H. wrote:
Hi Richard, thanks for the input. One thing I forgot to mention was that
the Sports Science program was based on experimentation by some
academics which produced some actual data regarding timing. FWIW. I
noticed with my heavy driver that release was very different, and
helpful, but practicing with it on the range made it easier to swing too
fast when I switched over to my much lighter regular driver.

I'm on the fence about this one.

Hunter Kevil

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com [mailto:owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com]
On Behalf Of Richard Berger
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 2:37 PM
To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
Subject: Re: ShopTalk: Creating a weighted training club

Sorry...This is exactly wrong. Swinging a weighted club does not throw
off one's timing...it actually enhances it for 99% of all golfers...who
swing way too fast. Not only does swinging a weighted club build up golf

muscles, but if you go to the course and are not able to hit balls
before you tee off, it is the best thing for putting you "in the groove"

on the first tee. A weighted club has been recommended by everyone from
Bobby Jones to Hogan, Harvey Penick...it's a long list, and if you don't

have a weighted club, swinging 2 clubs together will achieve a similar
result.

Richard Berger