I'm working on a replacement clubhead for the senior longdrive club that I've been selling and would like your opinions. It's tied in to the article Bernie wrote for me about a year ago. (article here http://clubmaker-online.com/senior.ld.html )

I can get a nice cast head done up 193g or so to allow for a longer club (47"ish) and I can do either conforming or non-conforming. Since the goal is to help seniors and other golfers with slow swing speeds pick up a few yards, do you think that it's important to have a conforming head? Or is non-conforming hi-cor OK?

I'm questioning whether the distance increases for slower swingspeed players with a non-conforming head (a few yards?) would be worth alienating those that won't play anything non-conforming.

Here's a picture of the head without the logo, working on that.
http://www.clubmaker-online.com/seniorclubhead.html

What do you think?
--

John Muir