At 10:29 AM 9/2/2010, j...@clubmaker-online.com wrote:
I'm working on a replacement clubhead for the senior longdrive club that I've been selling and would like your opinions. It's tied in to the article Bernie wrote for me about a year ago. (article here http://clubmaker-online.com/senior.ld.html )

I can get a nice cast head done up 193g or so to allow for a longer club (47"ish) and I can do either conforming or non-conforming. Since the goal is to help seniors and other golfers with slow swing speeds pick up a few yards, do you think that it's important to have a conforming head? Or is non-conforming hi-cor OK?

I'm questioning whether the distance increases for slower swingspeed players with a non-conforming head (a few yards?) would be worth alienating those that won't play anything non-conforming.

John,
There isn't enough info to either check the idea nor answer your question. A couple of vital facts are missing:
        * Loft
        * COR for the illegal design

I ran a few trajectories with TrajectoWare Drive. I used a loft of 14*. (If this is for slow-swinging seniors who can get up to maybe 80mph with a boost from a longer shaft or at least a light weight), then 14* is about the right loft. I assumed (probably contrary to fact) that the illegal version has a COR of 0.90 (as opposed to the legal 0.83).

With those numbers, I see an 11yd difference between the conforming and non-conforming driver. Of course, I have no idea what COR you have in mind for a non-conforming driver, so my numbers may have nothing to do with realithy.

Good luck!
DaveT