Man do I agree - my wife has one and I stopped trying to mess with that after
it almost took my finger off - kept me off the links for 2 weeks!
TOM

From: owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com [mailto:owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com] On
Behalf Of Ed Reeder
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 12:55 PM
To: clubmaker online
Subject: ShopTalk: Sun Mountain Speed Cart Issue

Guys,
I recently had a recurrence of an injury caused by a product safety issue with
a Sun Mountain Speed Cart.  I've talked with others who have had the same thing
happen to them.  I have a solution, so I thought I'd share it.

The problem occurs when your finger gets pinched while releasing the brake.
The brake mechanism has an unguarded pinch point.
You can see the damage caused, an explanation of the problem, and the solution
here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yaretiree/sets/72157625093534079/with/5105492988/

I originally reported this problem to Sun Mountain in August of 2006, when my
wife got an even more severe injury.  They said they'd never heard of such a
thing.  (Well now the Consumer Product Safety people know about it).

I'd fabricated a glue-on guard at the time and it served me well for several
years, but recently it came off.  Within two weeks I'd hurt myself :-(

/Ed
-- Shoptalk ** Sponsored by the new Aldila Voodoo. Learn more at
http://aldilavoodoo.com/