On a recent golf trip my brother used a "whippy" wedge that I made years ago from a Home Depot driveway marker (1/4" thick orange fiberglass shaft).  He was so blown away with how it helped his short game swing that he wants me to make him a 7-iron "whippy".

He is going to use it primarily for tempo and practice swings, but wants to hit balls with it as well.

Does anyone know if there are going to be any issues when he hits balls with a 7-iron whippy?  (FWIW - he is a low index, quality ball striker).

Thx,

/Ed