I bought a compressor  air nozzle set from Harbor Freight, which included one
nozzle with a 4" metal tube on it. I unscrewed the nozzle, got a large jar
cover and drilled a hole in it. Put the lid on the nozzle screw, attach the
tube. The cap acts as a shield to keep splash back.

Hey Tom, the cap shield is not at all necessary! There is no splashback - all
"splash" comes out the mouth of nthe grip -just drape a rag over the grip mouth
and shaft. I experimented with the airgun nozzle you described and found it's
best to cut the long tube down to about 2".

Just suggestions to improve your experience.

Arnie

Oh, almost forgot. If you don't have a compressor a 120V tire inflator works
just as well. True but if used often  these "toy"compressors will fail! The
piston is tiny!
TFlan