On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 05:07:47AM -0800, Vieri Di Paola wrote:
> I was wondering if there's a way to include multiple
> DSL lines on a single physical interface.

I think you can do this with PPPoE-forwarding modems (no PPP
termination on the modem at all - *just* a modem which copies the
PPPoE packets to and from the ethernet interface), and rp-pppoe on the
firewall - so you get ppp0, ppp1, ... interfaces on the firewall
(which are your true internet interfaces), and the ethernet interface
is used only to carry the encapsulated PPPoE packets to the modem.

As far as I am aware, it's possible to use multiple modems on one
interface in this manner, and it gives you the ability to discriminate
between them on the firewall. But fair warning - I only believe this
to be possible, I've never tried it. I use PPPoE in this fashion
(because modems that terminate the PPP session must act as routers,
and they are always lousy routers and truly abysmal NAT devices), but
only with a single modem on each interface.

Of course, if you live in one of the handful of countries that only
implements true PPPoA, that's no help to you at all (note that some
countries advertise PPPoA but actually implement both, because the
sales people don't talk to the engineering people - we have that here
in the UK).