Hi
I figured out my prob.
Even thou i set up the option "option domain-name-servers
192.168.0.1;" in my dhcpd.conf, all my windows based clients thought
it was smart to use another dns server. (my mac notebook worked just
fine)
I manualy changed all of their dns-servers now to the router ip and
everything works fine.

Thanks guys

Toralf
Am 28.03.2007 um 18:52 schrieb Prasanna Krishnamoorthy:

> In the dump you sent, I see
> tcp      6 431984 ESTABLISHED src=192.168.0.11 dst=209.85.129.147
> sport=1092 dport=80 packets=5 bytes=711 src=209.85.129.147
> dst=89.62.111.143 sport=80 dport=1092 packets=4 bytes=2376 [ASSURED]
> mark=0 use=1
>
> which implies that the connection was established and packets
> exchanged.
>
> However, I don't see any other established connections from
> 192.168.0.11.
>
> Can you check syslog or shorewall.log to see if packets are getting
> dropped for any reason?
>
> A tcpdump on eth1 might be useful.
>
> tcpdump -n -i eth1 host 192.168.0.11
>
> and then try to open a webpage from 192.168.0.11
>
> Prasanna.
>
> On 3/28/07, Toralf Niebuhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> i added this line
>> because i din't know if the firewall could/would do anything if i
>> want to send file from one client to another.
>>
>> and those are ok (i think so)
>> because i know exactly what service are runing on my server an i
>> didn't want to bother writing rules for each one of them.
>>
>> Am 28.03.2007 um 18:30 schrieb David Mohr:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> a little OT, but I think worth pointing out:

>>> You do realize that this is really not a tight firewall. Giving your
>>> whole local network access to anything on the firewall is not a good
>>> idea. Also, for a 'tight' system, I would restrict outgoing requests
>>> from the firewall, at least to the net. And why do you have a
>>> 'loc loc
>>> ACCEPT' policy? Wouldn't that be only needed for bridges?
>>>
>>> You might be ok with your current setup, and I don't mean to
>>> criticize, but please don't call it tight :-)
>>>
>>> ~David

>>> --
>>> ---
>>> Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
>>> Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to
>>> share your
>>> opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
>>> http://www.techsay.com/default.php?
>>> page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV