Ok, I started all over with a clean 3.2.9 shorewall.conf and dumped the
two configurations. I also noticed that TC_EXPERT=Yes breaks the track
options with the working config, but it does NOT with the other
(HIGH_ROUTE_MARKS=Yes and shaping rules).

I attached the two dumps, each done after a reboot and all my config
files (in the next post) if you want to take a look.

Thanks very much for your time

Cristian