On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 02:51, List Receiver
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Any recommendations for a box that will run firewalling and Openswan at
> 100Mbps full duplex?  I'd like something that:
In my experience, almost anything will handle the firewalling part
CPU-wise - I run a hundred megabits through a dual p3.  I don't know
about the Openswan bit, but you can judge that for yourself.

Sun's x4150s are quite nice, but they do run $5k for a box with the
kind of setup you want.  Four onboard Intel copper NICs and two PCI
Express x8 expansion slots open, fan redundancy, two PSUs, so on and
so forth.  They're 28 inches deep.  There's ILOM, it's mostly
java/browser based (to configure the BIOS, for example, I haven't
found any other way to do it) but you can get to a console over ssh
too.

Will