On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 4:51 AM, List Receiver <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We're upgrading the hardware that we've used for our firewall for the past
> 5 years.  I'm having a bit of difficulty finding the right blend of specs
> from our traditional supplier, Dell.
>
> Any recommendations for a box that will run firewalling and Openswan at
> 100Mbps full duplex?  I'd like something that:
>
> -Has real sliding rails and can fit inside a 30" deep rack
> -Has as much hardware redundancy as possible (power supplies, hard drives,
> fans)
> -Has at least four GbE interfaces and one Gb fiber optic interface
> -Has remote management capabilities (ala BMC, DRAC, iLo...)
>
> This is going to be a primary firewall/router in a datacenter with several
> public subnets and systems behind it (including www.shorewall.net :^) ).
>  We have a Dell PE1950 that would be perfect, but it won't fit in a 30"
> rack.  Doh!

You could have a look at nexcom's security appliances (ex NSA 1085, which
has 4 copper + 4 SFP, dimensions are : 426 x 379 x 44 mm). They are far from
reaching all your needs, but I find them interesting as an alternative to
rack servers...

Regards,
--
Mikael Kermorgant