Scott Ruckh wrote:
> I am running a jabber server on the same server as my
> shorewall/firewall.  I also believe that I have a correctly configured a
> file transfer proxy (Proxy65) that talks to my jabber server.  Currently
> the Proxy server only listens on port 7777 on the "loc" network
> interface of the firewall.
>
> Would a DNAT rule make sense in this scenario (something like this)?
>
> DNAT            inet                    fw:172.16.168.1        tcp     7777
>
> Would that rule forward tcp/7777 traffic from the internet to the
> firewall interface that is part of the "loc" zone?  If the last
> statement is true, does this logic even make sense?

Hi,

Have I understood you correctly if I think that you want to be able to connect
to Proxy65 (tcp 7777) from both the net and loc zones? If so, why don't you
configure Proxy65 to listen to 0.0.0.0:7777? That way you would only have to
the
following rule instead and it would work from everywhere.

ACCEPT         all             fw             tcp     7777

Best regards,
/Martin Leben