Tom Eastep <teastep <at> shorewall.net> writes:

> Outgoing packets from that connection are being routed out of ppp0 by
> your routing rules. Because those packets are not in the NEW connection
> state, they do not pass through the ppp0_masq chain so their source IP
> will be 6.1.3.4.

Ahhh.  Thanx for the analysis Tom.

FWIW, I achieved my desired result by abandoning the route_rules entry and
instead forcing the use of the desired ISP connection with a tcrules entry that
marks the packet for the given ISP:

512:P   10.75.22.101

tcrules is what I likely want in the end anyway given that I will probably try
to utilize ipp2p to force the routing of bittorrent packets.

Cheers,
b.