here, I'll help.  my tc is behaving wierdly.

my router had to get updated early (debian 5) and now everything is more
or less working (a harddrive died) so I updated to the latest shorewall
4.4.9 and my kernel is now 2.6.32-bpo.4-amd64.  I haven't built ipp2p
yet nor ipset matching, but I have plans to.   the TC works almost
flawlessly now!  Every day when comcast changes my upstream bandwidth, I
have to re-calculate my speed and restart shorewall, but once it's
properly calibrated for the hour, it works perfectly.

right now I have transmission running full speed with downloads and
uploads, and I still get ~70msec pings and 800-1200kbit upload speeds to
my test server of choice.  (4k up is broken into 2k for transmission,
and 2k to split between the other services.

it looks like all my traffic is getting sent to the wrong class (or is
it mark?  I'm still not sure), yet somehow I'm getting satisfactory
performance anyway..
http://pastebin.com/vuevjvmc