sounds pretty simple, your policy file should only have
all    all    drop
and your rules should have something like
ACCEPT    src    dest    tcp    8080

replace src and dest with the appropriate src and dest, or use 0.0.0.0/0 to let anything from or to anywhere on port 8080 pass.

anything else should be trivial if you follow the howtos.