On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 8:02 PM, Christ Schlacta <aarc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  sounds pretty simple, your policy file should only have
> all    all    drop
> and your rules should have something like
> ACCEPT    src    dest    tcp    8080
>
> replace src and dest with the appropriate src and dest, or use 0.0.0.0/0to
> let anything from or to anywhere on port 8080 pass.
>
> anything else should be trivial if you follow the howtos.

I"ve setup correcty shorewall as stand alone firewall as described on the
shorewall guide , still I don't know how to make a "drop all policy".
and allow ONLY connection to specific  ip adress at specific port on the lan
or to the internet
here is an example :

my policy file has only this line uncommented : ( to implement drop all
policy ?!)

all             all             DROP            info

my rules files : ( let's say, I allow only accept from my pc to ip adress
66.249.92.104 (google.com) only

# Drop Ping from the "bad" net zone.. and prevent your log from being
flooded..

Ping(DROP)      net             $FW

# Permit all ICMP traffic FROM the firewall TO the net zone

ACCEPT          $FW             net             icmp
ACCEPT          $FW             net:66.249.92.104   http

sudo shorewall restart

is that the correct way to do it ?

thanks for taking time to reply