I have an admin machine, and a backup server which does backups.  The backup
server has IPMI so I can do lights-out admin, and I want to allow this from the
admin machine only.  IPMI is completely unfirewalled, and so it must have a
different class C than working networks....  this is just how it is.

I've set the IPMI IP on the backup server to 192.168.10.4, and created a
virtual interface (eth0:1) on the admin machine with IP 192.168.10.1.  But
after following the Multiple Zones Through One Interface instructions
(http://www.shorewall.net/Multiple_Zones.html) Shorewall simply blocks all
traffic.

What could be wrong/ is there another way that actually works?