On 1/20/11 8:41 AM, Carl Cook wrote:
> I have an admin machine, and a backup server which does backups.  The
> backup server has IPMI so I can do lights-out admin, and I want to
> allow this from the admin machine only.  IPMI is completely
> unfirewalled, and so it must have a different class C than working
> networks....  this is just how it is.
>
> I've set the IPMI IP on the backup server to 192.168.10.4, and
> created a virtual interface (eth0:1) on the admin machine with IP
> 192.168.10.1.  But after following the Multiple Zones Through One
> Interface instructions (http://www.shorewall.net/Multiple_Zones.html)
> Shorewall simply blocks all traffic.
>
> What could be wrong/ is there another way that actually works?

Very hard to guess without knowing exactly what you did. Please provide
the output of 'shorewall dump' collected as described at
http://www.shorewall.net/support.htm#Guidelines.

Thanks,
Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car