On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:31:19 +0200
"Simon Matter" <simon.mat...@invoca.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just realized that something seems to be wrong with traffic
> shaping on two systems which were running RHEL4 and are now running
> RHEL6. While trying to find what is wrong I even simplified the
> config but it just doesn't seem to work as it has with EL4. The test
> config looks like this (eth2 is the "internet" interface):
>
> in shorewall.conf I have:
> TC_ENABLED=Internal
>
> tcdevices:
> #NUMBER:        IN-BANDWITH     OUT-BANDWIDTH   OPTIONS
> REDIRECTED
> #INTERFACE
> INTERFACES eth2            20000kbit       2000kbit
>
> tcclasses:
> #INTERFACE:CLASS        MARK    RATE:           CEIL
> PRIORITY OPTIONS
> #                               DMAX:UMAX
> eth2            1       full/4  full            1
> tcp-ack,tos-minimize-delay
> eth2            2       full/4  full            2       default
> eth2            3       full/8  full*8/10       2

Your config is wrong:

RATE - rate[:dmax[:umax]]
      The minimum bandwidth this class should get, when the
      traffic load rises. If the sum of the rates in this column
      exceeds the INTERFACE's OUT-BANDWIDTH, then the OUT-BANDWIDTH
      limit may not be honored. Similarly, if the sum of the rates of
      sub-classes of a class exceed the CEIL of the parent class,
      things don't work well.

I use this which works fine with kernel 2.6.32-131.17.1.el6:

eth2  1  5*full/10  full      1  tcp-ack,tos-minimize-delay
eth2  2  3*full/10  9*full/10 2  default
eth2  3  2*full/10  8*full/10 2

--
Tuomo Soini <t...@foobar.fi>
Foobar Linux services