On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Roberto C. Sánchez
<robe...@connexer.com> wrote:
> I am not familiar with OpenVSwitch, but I have all sorts of VPN
> interfaces filtered by Shorewall, and the fact that they are not there
> at boot time has never been an issue.  Can you provide some specific
> hints about your configuration?

Ok, I'm trying to construct a transparent proxy running on a virtual
machine inside the shorewall firewall.

The virtual machine is connected to the firewall through a virtual
interface attached to the virtual switch created by OpenVSwitch.

On the shorewal interface file, I configured the one associated to the
virtual switch configured on the firewall in this way:

#ZONE    INTERFACE    BROADCAST    OPTIONS
kvm    ovsbr0        detect
routeback,logmartians,nosmurfs,routefilter,tcpflags

and at startup, shorewall fails with:

ERROR: Can't determine the IP address of ovsbr0

which I presume is happening because OVS starts and create the ovsbr0
interface after shorewall starts.

Thanks.
Ernesto