On 7/26/2014 9:50 PM, sur...@emailengine.net wrote:
> I've been thinking through routing.
>
> At
>
>   http://shorewall.net/MultiISP.html
>
> it states
>
>   "You should disable all default route management outside of Shorewall. "
>
> in the case of
>
>   USE_DEFAULT_RT=Yes
>
> I've been trying to follow that document and amy still at the fuzzy stage.
>
> I'm unclear as to which routes should not exist?  any? for any interface?  or
> only for those associated with providers?
>
> also, in the examples,
>
>   From the output of shorewall show routing:
>
>      999:    from all lookup main
>      10000:  from all fwmark 0x100 lookup ISP1
>      10001:  from all fwmark 0x200 lookup ISP2
>
> when I exec
>
>   shorewall show routing
>
> I do get all my routes, but no priroities.  What's the flag to list them?

'shorewall show routing' lists the routes in the order in which they
will be searched by the kernel. Routes don't have a priority as such;
they have a 'metric' which is a relative cost; the default metric is 1
and if 'shorewall show routing' doesn't display the metric, then the
metric is one.

The routing rules, part of which you show above, do have a priority;
that is the number to the left. Rules are evaluated in the order shown
in the output.

Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car