Aha, so you're the maintainer of those packages are you... Didn't see that. So
at least you could reliably tell me if running the latest shorewall won't
trigger any other issues with any other wheezy package? generally I avoid sid
on production machines. (that said, to solve a specific problem I did just pull
down libreswan, compiled the debs and got rid of openswan) The only other thing
I worry about with shorewall is when stuff I've included to solve specific
issues in a complex environment is now deprecated and what will I do when it's
gone? it's a matter of re-hashing (that's desperately trying to remember) why
it got included in the first place and then implementing the new, preferred
solutionwithout breaking anything.

On Thursday, 14 August 2014, 13:35, Roberto C. Sánchez <robe...@connexer.com>
wrote:

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 09:17:11PM +0100, ray klassen wrote:
>    If I can, I stay current with the distro, unless there is a compelling
>    reason to switch.

I understand.

If it helps you decide, the packages available on my site are virtually
identical to the packages I upload into Debian.  The only difference is
the version numbering (to ensure that upgrading to another Debian
release results in you getting packages from the official repo).

You could also just add the testing or unstable repositories to your
sources.list and use apt pinning to only get the newer Shorewall
packages and ignore all the rest.

Regards,

-Roberto

--