So what does the error mean ?

      kernel: Can't find ip_set type hash:ip

I have already connected Proxmox who say that until they developed their own
firewall they used Shorewall. However since Shorewall is not included with
Proxmox as standard they do not support it. Their newly developed firewall is
disabled by default and I have never even looked into how to enable it, I'm
currently more than happy with Shorewall.

I have been using Shorewall on Proxmox without issue issue for over 3 years.
The machine this error comes from hasn't been rebooted for over 1 year. The
kernel hasn't changed for over 1 year.

If you don't know what this error is I am properly stuck. Before I started
posting about this problem entering

     "Can't find ip_set type hash:ip"

into Google produced ZERO hits.

I'm not a kernel / firewall developer and this is far removed from my current
understanding.

If I can't get help here I have no idea where to go.