~# modprobe ip_set_hash_ip

libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod.c:554 kmod_search_moddep: could not open
moddep file '/lib/modules/2.6.32-24--pve/modules.dep.bin'

When I do :

~# ls /lib/modules/*/modules.dep.bin

I can only see modules for the most recently installed kernel.

I have now re-installed the current running kernel and now Shorewall works as
expected.

You're a star ! Many thanks you for your time on this, very much appreciated.

😊