Version 4.5.5.3

Not sure how you mean configured, I use the blacklist file

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Eastep [mailto:teas...@shorewall.net]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2015 11:30 AM
To: shorewall-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Shorewall-users] IP Info in Shorewall vs. Info in Spiceworks

On 2/19/2015 11:26 PM, Donald S. Doyle wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am using Shorewall and Spiceworks.  They are on two different
> servers.  Spiceworks will send me a message that the router or a
> server on the network is communicating with a sus[icious IP address
> which I have blacklisted in Shorewall.  I asked Spiceworks about this
> and they sent to
> http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/86147-how-to-investigate-alienv
> ault-threat-alerts-in-spiceworks to explain how Spiceworks/AlienVault
> works.  Beyond that, they offered no other info as they do not know
> anything about Shorewall.
>

> Can anyone shine any light on this?  It does not make sense to me.

So if I understand your question correctly, you are saying that Spiceworks is
reporting connections to internet hosts that you believe that you have
blacklisted?

If so, it will also be important for us to know which version of Shorewall you
are running and the details of how you have configured blacklisting.

Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car