Greetings,

I installed Shorewall (5.0.4) on my Ubuntu server 16.04 (currently beta).
It is functioning perfectly fine when started. There is however one
problem. It is not starting at boot-time.
I even tried to add a wait_interface="eno1" and  wait_interface="eno2" to
my /etc/default/shorewall.

    /etc/default/shorewall
startup=1
[...]
#### ####

    /etc/shorewall/shorewall.conf
STARTUP_ENABLED=Yes
[...]
#### ####

I can start it up perfectly fine without any errors with
    sudo shorewall start:

I found a solution/workaround somewhere by making a systemd startup script
and that works fine as follows:

    /etc/systemd/system/shorewall.service
[Unit]
Description=Shorewall IPv4 firewall
Wants=network-online.target
After=network-online.target
Conflicts=iptables.service firewalld.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/default/shorewall
StandardOutput=syslog
ExecStart=/sbin/shorewall $OPTIONS start $STARTOPTIONS
ExecStop=/sbin/shorewall $OPTIONS stop
ExecReload=/sbin/shorewall $OPTIONS reload $RELOADOPTIONS

[Install]
WantedBy=basic.target
#### ####

followed by a
    sudo systemctl enable shorewall.service

But the big question is of course: Why is it not (default) starting at boot?

Thanks!

Wouter