Aha!

I see now (overlooked it before) that the
/etc/systemd/system/shorewall.service I made myself (first post) was not
necessary... and even pointless :).
If you just do a 'sudo systemctl enable shorewall.service' after you
installed shorewall 5.0.4:  all is well :).
I recon this is the only change you made in the 5.0.7-1 version, am I right?

Good solution for anyone installing this version until it emerges in the
standard repositories.

Thanks and cheers Roberto!

Wouter

Wouter Y. Deurholt