No, this isn't an April Fool's joke -- after I uploaded Beta 1, I
realized that I hadn't merged all of the contents that I intended.

Problems Corrected:

1)  If a physical interface name was used in the INTERFACE column of an
    entry in /etc/shorewall/masq, then previously a Perl diagnostic was
    issued as the masq rule was being processed and the iptables rule
    and its containing chain were dropped by the optimizer. That has
    been corrected so that physical interface names are handled
    correctly.

    Similar issues with physical names in the INTERFACE column of the
    nat and netmap files have also been resolved.

2)  The option plus sign ('+') in the MODULESDIR setting, added in
    Shorewall 5.0.3, is now documented in the shorewall[6].conf
    manpages.

New Features:

1.  Support for later versions of miniupnpd has been added in the form
    of a MINIUPNPD option in shorewall.conf. If set to Yes, Shorewall
    will create a chain in the nat table named MINIUPNPD-POSTROUTING
    and will add jumps from POSTROUTING to that chain for each
    interface with the upnpd option specified.  Default is No.
    The contents of the chain are preserved over 'shorewall reload' and
    'shorewall restart' operations.

Thank you for testing,
Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car