----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Eastep <teas...@shorewall.net>
> First, remove the ADD rules from /etc/shorewall/rules.
>
> You can then copy action.Drop to /etc/shorewall/ and then add this to

> the copy as the last line:>

>    ADD(SW_DBL4:src)

Unfortunately, private IP addresses from my dmz zone were also put into SW_DBL4
for some reason.

So I thought I should create a custom DROP action.

# cat /etc/shorewall/actions
DROPBL                          # drop and blacklist

Created a copy of the standard DROP action and added the line at the bottom:
# tail -n 2 /etc/shorewall/action.DROPBL
DropDNSrep(@5)
ADD(SW_DBL4:src)

# tail -n 3 rules
DROPBL  net1    $FW
DROPBL  net2    $FW
DROPBL  net3    $FW

This overrides the net*2fw "policy" because I cannot specify custom actions in
the POLICY column of /etc/shorewall/policy, right?

Vieri