Hi,

I'm trying to update to shorewall 5.1 with a config that is *supposedly*
working with 5.0.

In any case, I'm trying to ping from a host in lan zone with IP addr.
10.215.144.48 to a host in IBS zone with IP addr. 10.215.9.172.
ICMP traffic should be allowed but the client isn't receiving any replies.
I'm attaching the shorewall dump.

/var/log/shorewall/info.log only has messages of this kind when restarted:

Jun 15 07:52:10 inf-fw2 root[32520]: Shorewall Stopped
Jun 15 07:52:11 inf-fw2 root[900]: Shorewall started

/var/log/shorewall-init.log doesn't seem to contain any error messages.

Please note that this shorewall box was supposed to replace another one with
the same IP address (it's the default gateway/firewall).
So I merely unplugged the ethernet cables from the "old" shorewall box and
plugged them into the new one.
It didn't occurr to me to try and ping $FW from a lan host or connect via ssh.
However, from within the $FW console I could ping to any host IP addresses in
all "zones".

The switch happened at 07:45:05 and had to revert to the old FW at 07:52:11
because the users were already complaining.

Could there be an arp cache issue?

Thanks,

Vieri