On 10/15/2017 08:07 AM, P H wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Currently with the ADSL modem I am using pppoe on Fedora.
> This command was used to set it up:
>
> nmcli connection add type pppoe con-name ppp0 ifname enp6s0 username
> xxxxxxxxxx password xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Patrick,

Okay -- your 'net' interface will now be ppp0. If, as Simon has
mentioned, your modem allows you to establish an IP connection between
your firewall and the modem, then you can define enp6s0 to Shorewall as
an additional interface, assign it to its own zone, and set up an ACCEPT
policy from $FW to the modem's zone.

Tom Eastep        \   Q: What do you get when you cross a mobster with
Shoreline,         \     an international standard?
Washington, USA     \ A: Someone who makes you an offer you can't
http://shorewall.org \   understand