From: Tom Eastep [mailto:teas...@shorewall.net]
Sent: Wednesday 18 October 2017 22:53
To: shorewall-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Shorewall-users] VDSL Setup

On 10/18/2017 02:42 PM, P H wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> Sorry of the confusion.
>
> The modem will be working as a standard modem.
> It will have an ip of 192.168.1.254 which is connected to the fedora server
> running shorewall on 192.168.1.2 Enp6s0.
>
> So IP over Ethernet will be used.

Okay -- good that we are on the same page now :-)

Changes are:

zones file - remove the 'modem' zone.

interfaces file - modify the 'net' entry, replacing 'ppp0' with 'enp6s0';
remove the 'modem' entry.

masq file - modify the first entry, replacing 'ppp0' with 'enp6s0'; I also
question the need for the other two entries.

rules file - Remove any rules involving the 'modem' zone.

That should do it.

Tom Eastep        \   Q: What do you get when you cross a mobster with
Shoreline,         \     an international standard?
Washington, USA     \ A: Someone who makes you an offer you can't
http://shorewall.org \   understand