On 6/5/20 3:56 PM, Tom Eastep wrote:
>> *AND* @remote,
>>
>>      /etc/wireguard/wg0
>>
>> +            PostUp   = ip6tables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
>> +            PostDown = ip6tables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
>>

> That rule will be wiped out the next time you 'shorewall6 reload' or
> 'shorewall6 restart'.

hm.

why's that ?  because SW brings down/up ALL its addressed interfaces?

or because i'm using a SW-reserved table name, 'nat' here ... ?

in either case, I suppose I could either link the wg/vpn service dependency to
shorewall,

or,

move the masquerade rules into SW

> The fact that you had to add the rule to eth0 suggests that your IPv6
> traffic is being routed out of that interface rather than out of wg0.

it _should_ be, no?

that rule is added on the *remote* end.

traffic flows

  @local ----> wg ----> @remote ----> eth0