> A quick and easy way to achieve that could be an option to import photos
> into a special event i.e. named "incoming". From there you could
> move/distibute them into the events according to your preferences.
> What about that?

NOOOOOOOO :-)

I agree that the day-based events are a bit fine grained sometimes, but
it is easier to merge multiple events (it is trivial to be exact) rather
than to fish out correct photos out of one mega-event (err, did I take
that tree picture in Rome or Barcelona again? :-))

What would be sensible is to have an option that creates one event per
import, a "film roll" as some programs call it, I believe. But other
than than I am happy with the way it is. If you know that you were in
Barcelona from Nov 10-Nov 30, just select those 20 events and click on
merge. Done.

I agree that folder-based events would also make sense for those of us
who come from the old world of folder-based organization :-).

So either per: date, import, or folder, but not a mega-incoming event
please :).

Thanks,
Sebastian