On Sun, 20 Sep 2009, Jeffrey I. Schiller wrote:

... Judging from the conversations I have seen, I suspect we don?t have a system that doesn?t effect the balance of power.

In my opinion, it is a good idea to work on not changing the balance
of power. That may require that the allocation agencies *not* be part
of the key hierarchy.

Jeff,

I think this WG (and others) have been proceeding with the idea of having the RIRs in the key heirarchy because it's logically simpler: the key heirarchy would map the business relationships present in the allocation heirarchy.

Trying to not upset the balance of power, while a great idea, might require mapping the current power structure and possibly establishing some more interactive relationships between the participants in it.

Do you have any good ideas of where to start?

-- Sam