On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Stephen Kent <k...@bbn.com> wrote:
> At 1:27 AM -0500 11/8/11, Brian Dickson wrote:

> I do not support adoption of this document in its current form.
>
> The main reasons have to do with fundamental aspects which at a high
>
> level have been addressed by my colleagues,
>
> so, this is a Verisign critique, provided by you, Eric, and Danny?

Respectfully, Stephen, I would ask that you not infer anything along
these lines.
The IETF is very clear on participation being an individual activity,
regardless of
$day_job.

In addition to this _not_ being the case, I _personally_ consider this both
highly inappropriate at a professional level, and bordering on _ad_hominem_,
something that really has no place in WG mailing-list discussions.

I would ask that you seriously consider whether an apology for your comment
is appropriate.

As for "colleague", I meant within the WG, as in "collegial". If I had meant to
say "co-worker", I would have said "co-worker".

Any similarity between our concerns is entirely due to similarity in operational
experiences in a variety of venues, at a variety of $day_jobs.

I'll address the content-oriented portion of your email in a separate message.

Brian
- not using any email-address that would suggest affiliation -