[WEG] sigh. Let me try one more time.
This question is not about confederations so "the statement" is not applicable.
Think just bog-standard, vanilla eBGP, with two BGPSec speakers, one of whom is
using a private ASN, announcing routes that must be carried to the DFZ. Make
more sense now as to why I'm making the distinction between private and public
ASN?

Wes

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.