You contracted it to provide you connectivity.
If it doesn't, it breaks the contract.

> > When a route announcement leaves the set of ASs trusted by its
> > originator, Brian's "transit" bit turns off.
>
> I doubt the originator trusts anyone except itself... and MAYBE it's
> transits.
>
> why mix two topics? :( (also, how does the route know it crossed
> this boundary and a bit needs flipping?)

When the provider sends it to another customer or
another AS that is not contracted to provide connectivity
for that route.

> -chris

The trust I'm talking about is the trust to provide
connectivity, not the trust not to snoop your packets
or anything else.