> The solution isn't to rule out such problems because they're
> "unsolvable." There are, in fact, at least two systems that can solve
> this problem.

in the harsh realities such as

  o a significant portion of the internet's isps will not publish
    peering and customer business relationships,

  o ASs are not homogenous, A gives B local peering and international
    transit in frankfurt, but B may have no relationship with A in
    new york, or B may be A's customer in new york, and you will never
    know (and you do not want to see how this is done if you are
    anywhere near a meal)

  o etc.

could you point to where two such systems are documented?

otherwise, i have to conclude that

  o this is just a repeat of the non-sense which wasted years of time
    of the last ietf attempt in this area,

  o and we should do what we know how to do, which, though not a total
    panacea, will be a non-trivial improvement on the current situation,
    and

  o and we should leave the research to an irtf wg.

randy