i have two serious disagreements with this draft.

  o a prefix against which validation has not been run (no validation at
    all or some knob turned off) should not be marked Valid.  that would
    be a lie.  it should be marked NotFound.

  o routes learned by ibgp and routes originated on this router should
    be checked and marked.  i do not want to hear from a neighboring noc
    that i am originating or propagating garbage.  the ibgp case is
    particularly egregious in partial deployment, where my ibgp peer may
    not be validating at all.

some vendor engs do not seem to realize how extensively ops apply policy
to ibgp.  the example i like is that we are driven to it by droids who
sell both local peering and global transit to the same bgp peer.  maz
also gave a nice example in a workshop we did here a few years back
<http://www.attn.jp/maz/p/c/bgpworkshop200904/>.

randy