Hi Tim,

> I share people's concerns about additional travel, so I would prefer to go
> for 2
> or even 3 slots at the upcoming IETFs instead. I don't know what IETF policy
> is
> on this, but it's quite clear that there is enough on the agenda that needs
> f2f.

The IETF has a limited number of slots (150 or so) and about as many working
groups.  That gives about 1 slot to each WG, a second slot is only granted after
all requests for a 1st slot have been met.  That makes it hard to plan for
multiple slots during the week, as it isn't clear that the 2nd slot will
be available.

The solution is to have a meeting the day before or after the meeting, like the
meeting that was cancelled.  Then a slot is guaranteed, the additional costs
are small for the participants.  This is allowed if the request is made on time.
 In the past we have done this, with a friendly RIR footing the bill for the
room and the coffee.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk(at)uijterwaal.nl
                                          http://www.uijterwaal.nl
                                          Phone: +31.6.55861746