Speaking only, and strictly, as an individual.

I'm sorry Chris, I think this concern about having to 'avoid' LEA actions is
FUD worthy. Regardless if it occurs at the peak of the hierarchy or any level
underneath.

I'm quite sure from time to time LEA's WILL request some organisation at some
level to "freeze" changes for a particular resource as was experienced in the
DNSChanger event when ARIN and RIPE were 'ordered' (following proper process or
not) by some LEA arrangements to stop any changes from occurring to some whois
records. LEAs from my experience do not do these things on a whim. I would have
said 5 years ago that the LEAs simply don't understand the internet, but recent
experience suggests that they are learning rapidly. So I'm not so sure that, if
a LEA takes some action involved in an ongoing criminal case, anything we
attempt to put in play protocol wise to 'void' their intentions will actually
help anyone's cause. Just as if a LEA where to issue a 'legal intercept' order
(for those countries that have such) to your upstreams for your internet
traffic, it's really unlikely that it is something you'll be able to avoid. And
in the same breath as allowing some entity to 'avoi
 d' a LEA action, it also provides "others" with a non-transparent tool (I'll
let your imagination run wild with who "others" could be) to make stuff happen
to your "secure" routing.

Further, in a situation when you have a trust anchor, and yes do note the word
"trust", any event that occurs at those levels above you which violates your
belief that some RPKI CA in question has acted, or been forced to act, in your
best interests will simply degrade the trust afforded by both the certificate
recipient as well as the relying parties. Again, I think LEAs are growing to
understand this, at least the ones I have interacted with are. Ultimately that
is why one would promote that the RPKI trust anchors are issued by
good-for-the-internet-and-benevolent-fully-tranparent organisations. Your
mileage may vary, but if you don't hold the trust in a TA you were expecting as
a relying party, then this is why the local TA idea exists, or the entire
premise about being able to trust the entities responsible for resource
allocation in the resource allocation hierarchy is flawed to begin with.

So for me, I would much prefer a scenario where any action that affects my ROAs
in any way is completely transparent to me and to all relying parties which
have the belief I am practicing secure origination, such that if some CA in the
hierarchy above me issues a ROA that includes, covers, or overlaps my resource
holding then I would really love to see my cert revoked, and listed in a CRL,
as a standard course of action first and foremost.

Cheers
Terry