Hi Chris,

On 11/08/2012, at 12:00 AM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Byron Ellacott <b...@apnic.net> wrote:
>> (But this is sort of my point, the RPKI system's verification of right of
>> use breaks down if you start certifying multiple people as having a
>> simultaneous right to use resources :-)
>
> but that model has to exist as you have many situations today with a
> single prefix and multiple ASN for origin... there's a commentor on
> this thread who proposed (and got through the IESG) such a draft/rfc,
> in the GROW wg I believe.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear there - I don't mean to suggest that an operator
should not be able to issue multiple ROAs, I mean to suggest that a CA should
not certify multiple entities as the current, unique holder of resources, as
per RFC 6484, and that it is the trust model that breaks down when you violate
the CP document, not the operational verifiability of the bits and bytes.

I have objected to adoption because it seems to me that the intent of the draft
is to create a practice of certifying two entities at once, indefinitely; I do
not object to solving a real operational problem, so I would withdraw my
objection if the draft's intent is for a strictly transitional process, with
revocation of C to be addressed somehow.

I consider this an objection to adoption because the intent is not clear.  The
intent can be clarified without updating the document's content, though a
content update would be necessary to express the intent, down the line.

  Byron
Still speaking for myself, of course.