You are twisting the fact when you are mixing hosted-rpiki and
rpki-repositories as the same thing.

On 07/12/2012 10:25, Russ White wrote:

>> I think you are twisting the facts on your own convenience.
>
> No, I am merely pointing out that adding a hosted service to an already
> complex system increases it's complexity. I don't see how that's
> "twisting facts." Would you care to explain which fact I've twisted, and
> how?
>
>> RPKI != RPKI-hosted solutions. And RPKI is not dependant on the
>> RPKI-hosted solutions in the same way that DNS is not dependant in the
>> DNS-hosted solutions.
>
> So you're saying that the hosted RPKI system is not reliant on routing?

        No, I am saying that rpki hosted (the web interface) is not critical
for RPKI.

> That it can be reached no matter whether or not routing is available?
>
> There was, just recently, a large amount of discussion over the problems
> with a DNS based system to provide origin authentication because "DNS
> relies on routing, and now you're making routing rely on DNS!" Ignoring
> the dependence of virtually _any_ distribution system on routing to one
> degree or another, how can the same criticism not apply to a hosted RPKI
> system, and the customer's ability to reach that system?
>
> And how does adding another system that relies on the system it's
> supposed to be protecting reduce (or even "not add") complexity?
>
> Or am I "twisting facts to my convenience" again?

        A bit, you are (in my understanding) are still mixing hosted-rpiki and
rpki-repositories.  ;-)

        Now, how to make the rpki-repositories more robust, there are people
already working on that.

> :-)
>
> Russ

Regards,